Friday, May 11, 2012

What a Day....

Hey Everybody!

I started out early today for an oil change and then breakfast at Sugar & Spice in Mendon, VT. I recommend this place for the pumpkin pancakes. I could smell the pumpkin before the waitress even got to my table. If you like pumpkin bread, cookies, and pie....you will love the pancakes. I was hesitant to put maple syrup on them, but it turns out that makes them even better!

More importanty, I wore sunglasses for the first time since Monday. And I hiked a bit of the Appalachian Trail where it joins with the Long Trail (Rte 103, Shrewsbury, VT). Here are a few pics.....one of the coolest things about this detour is that despite being so close to the highway it is immediately calm and peaceful when you hit the trail. Amy....for you! :-)

The AT/LT South:

The AT/LT North:

You might have to click on the pics to see them....this blog app just updated and it's doing weird stuff! Sorry....

Next I head south and east... I had planned to make a couple stops along the way, but 6.5hrs for 200 miles (or less!) resulted in a change of plans. I would like to amend my previous statement about Boston traffic not being bad....it was TERRIBLE this afternoon!

Now, my fingers are crossed that the sun returns tomorrow... It's been forever since I've seen the coast!

Have a good weekend. More soon from Cape Cod....

1 comment:

  1. Again, those are beautiful shots. I love all the lush foliage. Maybe it's all that rain! :)

    ReplyDelete