Thursday, May 24, 2012

How many water smurfs do you see?

Hey Everybody,

As promised, here are a few pics from Niagara Falls. To be honest, this was a challenging stop after the peaceful Acadia National Park. I was not prepared for the mass (it probably wasn't that busy) of rude (or at least careless) people. I cannot tell you how many tourists bumped me, blocked me, cut me off. I got over it....but it took a concentrated effort :-)!

The place itself is beautiful. The powers that be have done a great job making it a nice, green recreational area.

We'll begin with the water smurfs on Canadian and US boats. The Maid of the Mist boat is pretty cool if you can block out all those damn smurfs! The thunder of the falls is awesome - and the mist, which is more like a heavy rain in spots, is just fun.

This pic does not represent the green space I mentioned. It just looks so surreal to me; perhaps I'll name this one "Green Slime in the Mist."

At last, the falls: The widest (and usually closest) waterfall in the pics is American Falls. The. big mist is from Horseshoe Falls. That's Niagara Falls in the background.

Niagara & Horseshoe Falls:

Still westward bound....next stop: Cleveland. Stay tuned & thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. "Green Slime In The Mist" looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. So do the Smurfs, for that matter. And what kind of knuckleheads ever got the idea they should go over those falls in barrels??? SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "Green Slime in the Mist" picture - it's cool.

    ReplyDelete