Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blame Verizon!

Hey Everybody!

I tried to post, but my Verizon data plan failed it's first real road test. In theory I was supposed to be able to write from the wild; in practice...not so much!

I will try to get us caught up. The last time I wrote we had weather issues and I didnt get to really play on the rocks. Thus, I was tempted to return to the same place the next day in the sun. I had to do it... And here's the way the Pemaquid Point Lighthouse was meant to look!

The other reason I had to go back is that I have been hearing talk that people think I am camped out in Sherry's backyard and not really travelling. So, here's proof that I am on these rocks :-).

My seat....as close to the edge as I could safely get for wave photos.

My foot....

One of my favorite close-up waves crashing toward me....
After a couple hours climbing rocks, taking pics of rocks, and way too many photos of splashing water (it's addictive!), I moved on to the next lighthouse.

The Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse (1902) is a two-mile (r/t) walk on the breakwater & worth it on such a nice day!


Maine is so beautiful under blue skies! I cannot even tell you how grateful I am for a sunny forecast.... Next stop Acadia Natioal Park, at last!!! More tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Not just your foot...your sun-tanned foot. All that rain hasn't bothered your tan! :) SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a different shaped lighthouse, not the traditional tall cylinder - I like it.

    ReplyDelete