Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Hampshire in Between the Rainstorms

Hey Everyone,

It poured ALL day Tuesday....about 2 inches before it was over, but Wednesday morning when I got up it was cloudy and foggy, but not raining! I went straight to Franconia Notch State Park to see the park's main event: The Flume. I ended up hiking the trail about 3 times in different directions. I didn't intend to, but the light improved and one of my goals is improving my use of camera controls, so I had to go back, right? Luckily, I returned to the car just as the rain started back up.

Amy, several times today (in New Hampshire and Vermont) I crossed the Appy Trail....it's beautiful up here. You guys better start planning! :-) I intend to post a photo or two for you soon, but it keeps raining whenever I'm at a trailhead.

So, here are those nature pics I promised!

Hiking up to the Flume Gorge:

Continued hike to Liberty Gorge, which was much easier to photograph! One good thing about all the rain...the falls were great!

The Basin:

Scenic Byways:

And a couple water pics just for fun :-)


Okay...and the rain is officially back! Will post more soon....thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful place. And I love the water splashing off the rock photo.

    I hope you're making a stop at the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream factory while you're in that area. Free samples!

    SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skipped Ben & Jerry's - it was too far to go just to taste ice cream. I wouldn't have been able to go to Sugarbush Farm!

    ReplyDelete