Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sydney, Australia

Hey Everybody,

I am way behind on the posts, but I will get caught up..... technology has not been easy to access so far.

Here are a few pics to get started.

The city with a ferry and the Opera House. Sydney is quite easy to get around by foot, ferry & bus or rail. I've mostly been on foot and ferry, using the bus to get to distant ferries.

I've heard and read that Melbourne is the true snob when it comes to coffee in Australia. But this past weekend Sydney had a Festival of Taste and people were in lines for at least an hour (I'm guessing) to get a taste of various coffees. I didn't stick around to see how long the lines actually took.

The Sydney Harbour Bridge - if you look closely you can see a group of bridge climbers at the top.

The Sydney Opera House. It has been packed with people inside and out every time I've passed by it.

Because you depend on me to deliver :-) A Harbour lighthouse....and/or fortress.

Like Norway's Royal Palace Park....Australia invites everyone to enjoy the Royal Botanic Gardens. The difference seems to be that Norway encourages walking in the grass & hugging trees while Australia takes it a little further: walk, hug, picnic on the grass and talk to the birds (but don't feed them). This is one of the garden's sculptures. It's called Earth Mother.

And an Italian Restaurant that uses old sails to create patio seating. Patio seating seems to be quite popular even in the winter. The weather has been beautiful since I got here. It does get chilly sometimes but lots of sun. In fact, the first rain was just about sunset on the 30th and a little on the way to the ferry.

Will keep trying....thanks for being patient!

2 comments:

  1. Weird sculpture - I hope you hugged it just to say you did! Looks like a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey MB! I didn't hug it, but....I did see a grown man sitting in it!

    ReplyDelete