Saturday, July 21, 2012

Glacier National Park

Hey Everybody!

It's about 1pm. I've been on the road since 4:30am.... Gotta get up early for those sunrise pictures! Not that I have any transferred for you right now...next post, I promise. These are just a few pics from arrival yesterday before the severe thunderstorms started. It was cool to watch....I tried to get a pic of lightning striking a rainbow 'cuz I don't usually see that sort if thing, but I failed. At least I know it's possible.....now I want another stormy afternoon!

Anyway....this is taken from the road on the way to the park.

Next: Going-To-The-Sun Mountain from one of the trails I attempted yesterday when I started hearing thunder. Yes, I returned to my car!
 
Since it would be wrong to post without one....this is just one of MANY waterfalls along the road....but not the Weeping Wall. Sadly, that section of road is under construction. I can drive by, but no place to stop for pics.

Lots of wildlife sightings so far. One deer when I was driving. One Badger. One Hoary Marmot. No bears :-(. Good thing, really, because I opted to travel without bear mace, which makes me doubly wrong in park rangers' eyes (they don't encourage solo hiking). And, without even trying to find them...several mountain goats were hanging out along a creek (and in the road). No place to park because of road construction, but got a couple pics b/c everybody was stopping or at least slowing.
So, that's it for now. I am off to a different area and will be in touch again tonight or tomorrow after another early morning run. I have lots to say about this park, but it will have to wait until I'm not sitting in a busy parking lot. Wish you were here....we could hike and scare off bears together :-)!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute baby mountain goat! Darn that road construction! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures & cute white goats. It's so green there compared to here, yet we are in the same state.

    ReplyDelete