Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Hey Everybody!

Here I sit in Oslo's airport. It has become something of a second home this past month. The best way I can demonstrate that is with a short story. There is a Starbucks here & I have used it 2 (maybe 3) times in the past month. My most recent visit (an hour ago) went something like this:

Me: Hi, java chip frappucinno, please.

Barista: I remember you. You went north and saw the ice bears.

She apologized for not remembering my name, but I assured her it was okay. How many thousasnds of people have ordered this past month? I was just glad she remembered me for a travel story and not my order, like my local FL Starbucks or my favorite DQ during college. For the record....I love my local FL Starbucks!

I have about 10 hours in the airport & about 1 hr of free wifi - unless the desk staff change. Then, I could get another password. But that might mean losing the best airport bed I've had in Oslo. For the first time I have gotten to a full length cushioned bench for the night! It's the simple things that matter when traveling. You know, ice for drinks, benches for sleeping, and free wifi.

More from Reykjavik....

While this is NOT a great photo, I had to take the pic. How could I not love a place that humanizes its cars!

This church is visible from pretty much anywhere in town. The statue in front was a gift fom the US to Iceland on the thousandth anniversary of the discovery of Iceland.

I still don't understand why these vertical photos are so weird on the blog....if anybody knows how to fix it, please teach me!

The last lighthouse(s)....for now. This was taken at the local sailing club.

And some flowers at the church....

More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Flower photo becoming my new desktop background! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete