Monday, July 2, 2012

Did someone say waterfall? :-)

Hey Everybody,

It's late and I have to get up early (in about 6hrs) to get to an activity on time, so this will be quick. I promise to get caught up on the Iceland trip soon - a few days!

The short list for today:

1. For the first time since June 26 I saw a traffic light...

2. About KFC: I saw the first one today and it's true....KFC tastes better in Iceland. Excellent chicken!

3. I had ice today....do you have any idea how hard it is to get ice for a drink in Iceland (well, Norway too!)?! you know, if you aren't on a glacier to pick it up yourself!? The girl at KFC told me it was because it was KFC. Thank goodness for KFC; I miss ice!

That's all I remember for the moment....stay tuned. In the meantime, here are some pics from the last day or two.

I believe there was a comment about me never posting lighthouses or waterfalls..... :-)

The beaches in Iceland don't seem to get real busy in the summertime....


Why don't we make ours this cute and cool?! All but 2 that I have seen here are this color.
This crater was formed about 6,500yrs ago. Here's a view from the top & the bottom, including some of the colorful smaller lava rocks.

And waterfalls.... Seljalandsfoss from behind....cuz I don't want you to get bored!

Scogafoss - legend has it a Viking hid gold behind this waterfall. Nobody has found it yet....
Last but not least: this is Gullfoss. It has been said that this one is more powerful than Niagara Falls. It has two levels. Lava forms the edges of the falls. And the canyon was carved by glacial floods.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet light house...and awesome waterfall...best of both worlds! SL

    ReplyDelete