Saturday, July 28, 2012

G'day Mates!

This is just a quick post from the ferry to let you know I made it. I already love this place! And I don't think it's because I'm "home" - as in on the Pacific Ocean once again, but maybe it is. Weather is beautiful.... I am on the ferry from Manly Wharf (a few miles from Sydney) headed to Sydney Harbour.

The plane ride was long, but not too bad. But I confess that I still have "plane legs" - I don't know if there is such a thing - but sometimes when I walk I feel the ground under my feet moving like the plane in light turbulence; I hope that passes soon!

I landed in Sydney right on schedule (6:30am on Saturday). I stayed up and explored all day until about 8pm when I allowed myself to go to bed. I woke around 5am and head to the beach shortly after for sunrise. I love this place and will get something more posted soon.... The only free wifi I have found so far is on the ferry!

Just FYI:

1. Toilet flush looks exactly the same so far, not counter clockwise, but I will keep checking :-)

2. Driving doesn't look so bad - even though it is backwards! - I have been studying the roads and turning lanes as I walk and ride the bus. Gonna be a piece of cake....assuming I remember to get in on the driver's side of the car!

Enjoy your weekend. More soon.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. You made it! Keep us posted...and don't even think about moving there...it's too far away. Unless, of course, you fall in love with Angus! (I checked, it was a popular boy's name in Austrailia a few years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manly wharf? Were there manly men there?

    ReplyDelete