Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lucky Records

Hey Everybody!

I am back in MT for a bit. It was time to do laundry! And I needed to get some sleep after the marathon trip back to the states. On 7/4 I left the hostel in Reykjavik at 6:30am & then had a long wait for my 11:30ish AM flight back to Oslo. Once in Oslo (around 4pm) I spent the rest of the day & night at the airport. I flew out of Oslo on 7/5 at 6:30AM via Frankfurt, Gemany (3hr layover). Then it was on to Newark, NJ where I found a Dunkin Donuts willing to make the Men in Black iced coffee for me even though it wasn't advertised anymore. Aaaahhhh, good to be home! One more flight.... to Denver, which is where I stopped for the night around 10pm. After 24hrs of traveling, 7/6 was an easy 1.5hr flight to Montana where I have been staring at my laundry for two days. I just started it about 10min ago.

I will let you know when I am getting ready to take off again. I think it will be in a couple weeks...

In the meantime, I promised two very cool guys that I would post a blog about their shop, Lucky Records! If you make it Iceland, stop by; they are located at Hverfisgotu 82 in Reykjavik.

What are the chances that I would choose to walk down the street that has the only record store in Iceland?!

I had to check it out. And for a moment the owners & I thought I stumped them with my question: "What's the coolest rock 'n' roll item you have?"

But the guys came up with a great answer: "We are!" and then told me that they are the only dedicated record store in the country! I must have checked out half the record bins....they really do have everything! Johnny Cash autograph, Duke Ellington, world music, old Beatles albums, and rare Icelandic pressings. Of course, you can get CDs too. :-)

So, I hope this finds all of you well and enjoying the summer. I think I will have a few more pics from Iceland soon b/c I just got my disposable camera photos back. They aren't great, but they'll give you an idea of what I saw on the glacier hike.

Mostly I had to stop looking at my photos because I got to the point where I was dissatisfied with ALL of them and wanted to hit delete way too much! So I went to bed :-) But I will be in touch again soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Call it fate; call it destiny. But of course you would walk, and then stop in, the only record store in Iceland! No brainer there!

    ReplyDelete