Friday, September 14, 2012

How do you spell freedom?

B-E-A-R M-A-C-E!

Hey Everybody!

It is quite possible that today was the last official sunny day of my Kodiak layover. Having said that, the weather forecast isn't always (or even often) accurate but it ain't looking good. I have had a little sun at some point almost everyday.

Anyway... I was extremely pleased when FlatJen came up with some Pepper spray for hiking. Of course, she got the biggest canister, so guess who got stuck carrying it....

....while she was busy picking wild berries!

First, I planned to hike to a bay shoreline - only that sort of fizzled out when I found workers on the trail & no trail to get me there. Then, I took a ridge trail that started out by a creek, but it wasn't easy to follow & even with pepper spray I don't want to be lost in the woods when I'm not where I told somebody I would be.

So, I opted for a third trail that was a sure thing. I wandered part of it before and knew the area. It wasn't as long as I thought it would be, but I got to see a couple of cool blue fishing boats crossing paths in front of the shipyard.

Maybe tomorrow I'll tell you about some good places to eat in Kodiak. Thanks, as always, for stopping by! More soon.

 

2 comments: