Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A brief stop in Denver area....

Hey Everybody,

I will board plane #2 soon, but thought I'd try to get a couple photos posted from Colorado. Have been catching up with college friends for the past couple days. Sometimes we met for dinner, sometimes for a hike.

This is Red Rocks - think Red Rocks Amphitheater, although it's more than just a concert venue. Red Rocks is one of three sites where these red rock formations dominate the landscape. All three sites are beautiful. I'm told that these are the old Rocky Mountains, created as the new Rocky Mountain Range formed.

This is Roxborough State Park.

The third site is Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, but I have no pictures from there this trip. It is spectacular though & I highly recommend a visit.

Finally, how cool are these dinosaur footprints?! This is Dinosaur Ridge in Morrison, CO. This place is just a few miles from a friend's house. I might never have known about it without their local knowledge. Thank you!

A little further up the road ( and in several other spots) are these ripples. You are looking at what was once an ocean floor. These ripples were made by waves.
One last pic from an old dinosaur playground. This is believed to be a Brontosaurus Bulge - when these big dinosaurs walked in the soft sand they sank & created these funky layers.

I am off to Norway after this post....will write again when I'm able. Enjoy June and thanks for stopping by! Cross your fingers for polar ears and narwhals!

No comments:

Post a Comment