Monday, June 25, 2012

Big News!

As I write this I am doing laundry - in a machine.... with soap! It is a glorious thing!!! I have hand-washed out all the dirt I possibly can since leaving the US and have been desperately seeking a washing machine, which has been a bit of a challenge. You just don't know how relieved I am!

Oh yeah, the other bit of news is that I will be drying my clothes on a clothesline in Iceland... :-) I will be here about 10 days. But I can't tell you about Iceland until I finish with Norway, and I will do that very soon. Later tonight maybe.....except I can tell you the top few things so far:

1. People are SO nice!

2. Icelandic phrase: "rains up their noses" to describe people who think they are more important than they really are.

3. Paprika! I love that seasoning & it is everywhere here! Who knew....

4. Flowers that die in soil, but grow on edge of lava fields....pic later.

Clean clothes! Oh happy day!!

1 comment: