Sunday, June 24, 2012

Long day back to Oslo (6-19-12)

Hey Everybody,

For about 12 hours today I have been in transit. We returned to Longyearbyen about 9:30am - we were free to wander until 1pm when we had to transfer to the airport. It was cold, windy and rainy in Longyearbyen, which served as a reminder to all of us just how fortunate we were during the trip. I joined a few people for lunch after hanging out at the library to get on the computer! As for lunch, I have to say Norway makes some good pizza!

I have just two pics from outside the airport this afternoon. Same sign, but different angles just because I love that the sign shows distance to both the North & South poles! And, I love the polar bear sign!

Now I am back in Oslo for a few days....more soon. As always, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Back to the post about you wearing a coat...I did notice it was not zipped up! :) SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I was wearing it! This was probably the day I asked if I HAD to wear the big coat....they said yes. It really was quite nice much of the time. It's funny how 5* C starts to feel hot when most days are between -1 and +2 C!

    ReplyDelete