Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More from Easter Island

Hey Everybody!

Clearly I have decided it's impossible to blog about Antarctica right now.... that will have to wait until I am in an airport or back in the states. Sorry. It will come! But instead of getting even further behind I might as well post about the island.

I wandered. I napped. I snorkeled with Green Sea Turtles (and fish). I tried a restaurant that I found on a hike the day before....can't upload the photo but it looked like a cool place. Sadly, I was NOT so impressed with the meal, but maybe they do better with other dishes.

And I finally found a place that serves ice cream.....I was really beginning to think it didn't exist here! Not one market seems to sell it.

This is the first turtle I swam with & touched before photographing it as it passed under me. It is a large adult male.


My new turtle friend chatting with a pal.
A much smaller turtle & a bit shy. And by far......the prettiest!
It is SO nice to be living (even temporarily) near water! Everyday I am (and will be!) in the Pacific Ocean. It might not be Gulf of Mexico warm, but it is quite nice. Conveniently, the ice cream place is near the beach I tend to visit.

Have I already said this a friendly, relaxed place? It will be interesting to see if I can (or will) move so calmly through my days in other places. Somehow I doubt it.

Have a good day. Thanks for stopping by.....more soon.

3 comments:

  1. Yep. Moving there. SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice new friends you made to swim with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa Dude..... I love turtles. Especially Finding Nemo turtles :) Were they slimy?

    ReplyDelete