Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving from Ushuaia

Hey Everybody!

I am off the ship for about one hour.....trying to get through the piles of email and news. I will spend tonight in Ushuaia and then on Friday I begin my trek to Easter Island where I will spend about a week.

I know you must be wondering about the trip and photos, so.......

It was quite impossible to travel to Antarctica without expectations & just as difficult to travel to such a place with expectations. It was a beautiful trip - not easy. Long days at sea. We had some rough weather conditions that made some of our original itinerary plans impossible, but the expedition team always had a backup plan for us.

I am including a couple of photos just to get things started.....but will begin more orderly trip posts soon.

Wouldn't be right to travel to water and not photograph shells.....illegal to remove anything from this area, but they were beautiful.

A very happy looking elephant seal (male).
King Penguin.
Gentoo Penguins returning from the sea after feeding.
Just a little ice around our ship...the ice is spectacular!
One of many wonderful icebergs....cannot get enough of them!
So, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. And to those of you tackling Friday sales.....good luck. Thanks for stopping by, I will be in touch soon.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the smiling seal! He looks happy to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the penguins jumping into the water. They look like they're dancing. They remind me of little kids jumping into a swimming pool, all full of glee! SL

    ReplyDelete