Monday, January 18, 2010

Welcome!

One of my dearest friends has been blogging for nearly three years. I have tried to be a faithful reader but often play catch up, reading a week or two at a time. I don’t know that I ever took seriously the idea of having my own blog until she asked if she could post a funny story and some pictures from emails I’d sent.

Now here I sit in California. . .6.5 months into this transformational moment. I’m as relieved as I am sorry that I haven’t been blogging since mid-June when I made the decision to leave Florida in preparation for my mother’s death.

As much as I might want to publish I am equally determined to show no weakness. Well, as little as possible! I’m pretty sure that’s a genetic trait inherited from my mother who relied on only Aleve as the cancer dominated her body and took her life. This is as good a time as any to rewire that genetic predisposition. . .

I’ve made plans for the first round of once-in-a-lifetime trips as I continue with the daily chores of cleaning out a house, probate, and eventually returning to Florida. My first trip to swim with Humpback Whales is fast approaching! It seems the perfect time to create a blog and invite you along on the adventures. I hope you’ll come back and visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment