Sunday, January 24, 2010

Elkhorn Slough [Moss Landing, CA]

It stopped raining for about 20 seconds today so I finally got to make a coast run. Rain forced me to put away the camera just when we got close to the sea otter pups. Bummer!




Moss Landing is about halfway between Monterey and Santa Cruz. It’s an excellent spot for sea otters & other semi-small sea beings. I was on a pontoon boat, but would recommend a kayak for this trip.
















Kind of a scary looking Pelican, huh?











Young Sea Lions just hangin'.....





















A Sea Otter with a clam snack...











A Sea Otter raft [a group of otters traveling together]

And that's all from California today. We're expecting more rain, but I'm hoping to get down to Monterey in the next week. If that happens, then I hope to be back with a few more pictures. Have a good week.

1 comment: