Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Penguins, Dinosaurs, and Ice...Oh My!

Hey Everybody!

Apparently I am a bit fuzzy on the lines from Wizard of Oz.

And, found a few for tidbits in Secrets of the Ice by Meduna.

The ice is 2.5 miles above sea level, but once had lush forests and dinosaurs. I love dinosaurs!

Antarctica is the coldest, windiest, driest, and highest continent on earth.

Antarctica is the world's largest desert.

An early explorer (Ross) said that seeing Antarctica baffled "all power of language."

To that I say...it's a good thing I'll have a few weeks to figure how to share it with you on the blog.

This round-trip adventure includes 11 flight segments (3 airlines) and a ship. I have completed 2 flights. I expect to board the flight #3 to continent #4 in the next few minutes.

When the plane touched down in Dallas a little while ago I texted my friend to say something like: guess I'm going to Antarctica! It doesn't feel quite real yet, but I think the 10-11 flight will give reality a chance to set in.

Best to all of you.....they just started boarding. Gotta run. Will be in touch...


No comments:

Post a Comment